Full Day Kindergarten
Basic Goals and Objectives of the Full Day Kindergarten Program
The Kindergarten program is based on the beliefs that:
- All children develop at individual rates through similar stages.
- Children are social and keen to learn and benefit from working with peers.
- Children learn through organized activities, purposeful play, and through cooperating with their peers.
- Parent support is key as they are their child’s first teacher.
The main components of the Kindergarten Program are:
- Early Literacy and Numeracy
- Personal and Social Responsibility
- Community and Environmental Awareness
- Physical Skills and Well-Being
- Creative and Cultural Expression