"We only get one chance to prepare our students for a future that none of us can possibly predict. What are we going to do with that one chance?"
Stephen R. Covey
The world has entered an era of the most profound change in human history, creating new challenges for today's students. Meeting these challenges will require a different skill set than previous generations. In an effort to provide our students with key skills vital for the 21st century, we teach Stephen Covey's 7 habits through the Leader in Me process.
- Habit 1: Be Proactive – or - You're in Charge
- Habit 2: Begin With the End in Mind – or - Have a Plan
- Habit 3: Put First Things First – or - Work First, Then Play
- Habit 4: Think Win-Win – or - Everyone Can Win
- Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood -or- Listen Before You Talk
- Habit 6: Synergize -or- Together Is Better
- Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw -or- Balance Feels Best
- Habit 8: Find your Voice -or- Inspire Others
This program is built on the premise that every child can develop the essential life skills and characteristics necessary to thrive in the 21st century. Some of these skills include leadership, accountability, adaptability, initiative and self-direction, cross-cultural skills, responsibility, problem-solving, communication, creativity and teamwork. Through this program, we teach a generation of leaders one child at a time.